The Project SEARCH Adult Model is a collaborative between MacDonald Training Center and the following partners: Zoo Tampa at Lowry Park, Project SEARCH, Florida Developmental Disabilities Council, RESPECT of Florida, and Vocational Rehabilitation. The nine-month training program combines classroom instruction, career exploration, and hands-on experiential learning.
- Creates a unique opportunity for adults with significant disabilities to gain meaningful and transferrable skills and experience as well as increased independence, confidence, and self-esteem as they progress toward their goal of competitive employment.
- MTC’s Project SEARCH Adult Model program takes place 100% on-site at Zoo Tampa.
- Media: MTC Turning Capabilities Into Careers at ZooTampa!
Looking For A Fun Way To Gain Meaningful Job Skills?
MTC Invites You To Learn More About Project SEARCH at ZooTampa!
Project SEARCH Adult Transition Program is a unique, business-led, nine-month work program that takes place entirely at the host site of ZooTampa. Total workplace immersion facilitates a seamless combination of classroom instruction, career exploration, and hands-on training through worksite rotations throughout the ZOO. Project SEARCH is an unpaid internship experience, facilitated and overseen by employment specialists at MacDonald Training Center familiar with the varying learning styles of people with disabilities.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Client
- Strong desire to work and earn competitive wages
- Resident in the Tampa Bay area with access to reliable transportation for work.
Pre-Employment Training and Screening is required.
Project SEARCH Interns are expected to be at their site every day of the week, for the entire day.
We can’t wait to tell you about this exciting program! Connect with us today!
Complete Project SEARCH Interest Form here!