Through the MacDonald Training Center Foundation we honor our founder, J. Clifford MacDonald, the tireless advocate and visionary, ensuring future sustainability and current operating support for the organization, which he established in 1953 as one of the first pre-schools for children with special needs in our country.
Cliff MacDonald had lived to read an accolade published in 1962 by the Saturday Evening Post, a popular magazine with a circulation near 6 million.
“Working with the United Fund, the MacDonald Workshop is among the best in the country, operating entirely on private contracts with area industry. Such centers achieve small miracles every day,” wrote Eunice Kennedy Shriver.
From “The Lives They Choose” by Cathy Unruh, 2014