Summer Career Camps at MTC
MTC proudly announces that we have been selected by the State Division of Vocational Rehabilitation as an authorized provider of summer camps for youth with disabilities.
CAMP ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
• Career Exploration and Job Exploration
• Self-Advocacy Skills
• Workplace Readiness Training
MTC’s VR Summer Camps are Free to Participants!
Pre-requisite: Students must be referred to the camp by the participant’s Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.
Students not currently receiving services from VR but who are interested in participating in a VR Career Camp will need to be referred to VR for services. Anyone can refer students to VR including parents, service providers and schools. Eligibility:
- Ages 14 to 21 with a documented disability
- Will be attending high school or post-secondary school in Fall 2019
- Have written consent from parent or guardian before enrolling in these services
MTC’s Career Camps : Locations in Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties
- Session 1 July 8th to July 11th Monday to Thursday, 10:30AM- 4:00PM
- Session 2 July 15th to July 18th Monday to Thursday, 10:30AM- 4:00PM
- Session 3 July 22nd to July 25th Monday to Thursday, 10:30AM- 4:00PM
- Session 4 July 29th to August 1st Monday to Thursday, 10:30AM- 4:00PM
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Camps :
Monday, July 22nd Wednesday July 24th ; Friday July 26th 11:00 AM-4:30 PM
Monday July 29, Wednesday July 31, Friday August 2nd 11:00 AM-4:30 PM
Technology Camp : Monday July 15th to Friday July 19th 9 AM-2PM
For more information on MTC camps, please contact: Sabrina McBride, [email protected]
Information/ VR office directory for available services and locations.