COMMUNITY LIVING & DAY SERVICES
MTC Admission to Adult Day Training Policy and Procedure:
- The first step in the enrollment process is to schedule a meeting and tour of MacDonald Training Center (MTC) facilities in Tampa or Sabal Park, Brandon. To set up a tour, please call 813 870-1300 or email [email protected]
- MTC is a person-centered organization and requires that the person who will be receiving services attend the meeting and tour. After the meeting you will receive an application packet. You will be asked to provide additional documentation including but not limited to a current support plan, funding source, medical, psychological and/or behavioral assessments as applicable.
- The Admissions team will review your complete admissions packet within ten business days of receipt. The team may set up an additional meeting to gather more information. The Admission Team will notify you and your support coordinator of the decision. You can return your completed application and documentation to [email protected] or by mail to:
MacDonald Training Center
5420 W. Cypress Street
Tampa, FL 33607
Funding/Payment for Services
Florida Medicaid Waiver Funding for Services
People who have autism spectrum disorder, cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, intellectual or developmental disabilities, Prader-Willi Syndrome or certain forms of Spina Bifida may apply for services from the Agency for Persons with Disabilities.
To apply for services from the Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD), submit an application to the APD office that serves your area, either by mail or by hand delivery. Contact your local APD office or use the link below for information on applying for and using Florida Medicaid Waiver services. MTC cannot enroll you.
Suncoast Region APD office
If you are not currently enrolled in the Florida Medicaid Waiver or have enrolled and are on the waiting list, please call Debi Hamilton, Director of Training and Compliance at (813) 870-1300, Ext. 299 to discuss other options.
Employment Services is a cross-disability program serving adults with any documented disability. Referrals for Employment Services can be made through the State of Florida’s Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.
Contact Taryn Kidd, MTC Sr. Director of Employment Services, for more information on how we may help.
Short Term Training
Short Term vocational training programs in logistics, technology, and healthcare/sanitation are available. For information, please visit the Emerge Career Collaborative page on this website. For more information, contact Krista Wright, Director of Certificate Programs.
Supported Employment typically serves adults with a developmental or cognitive disability. Referrals for Supported Employment can be made through:
State of Florida’s Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
as well as the
Senior Services are available to individuals who are at least 55 years old who wish to enjoy a relaxed environment, with a choice of activities.
Those planning on taking their newly acquired skills into the community to seek competitive employment are encouraged to join Job Club to learn the extra skills and knowledge needed to achieve independence. Additionally, individuals are encouraged to participate and volunteer within their community. Groups regularly donate their time to helping others, including delivering Meals on Wheels and assisting other social efforts.
MTC is beginning limited Transportation Services. Existing routes in Tampa currently cover North, West and Central Hillsborough County. Our fleet of modern vans includes fully accessible vehicles. Some are equipped with adaptive features and lifts to accommodate individuals enrolled in Adult Day Training with ambulatory challenges. Contact Richanne Tuccolo, Director of Facilities for more information.
MacDonald Training Center Notifying the Public of Rights Under Title VI
- MacDonald Training Center operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with MacDonald Training Center.
- For more information on MacDonald Training Center’s civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact 813 870-1300, (VP (813) 402-0383) or visit our administrative office at 5420 W. Cypress St., Tampa Florida 33607.
- If information is needed in another language, contact 813 870-1300
- Si se necesita la información en otro idioma, por favor, póngase en contacto con (813) 870-1300