Personal Supports Coach
This position is a wonderful opportunity for individuals wishing to have some schedule flexibility and enjoy a rewarding career opportunity. We are seeking Personal Supports Coaches for our Personal Supports services in our Supported Living program. Personal Support Coaches support and assist individuals with disabilities in all areas of daily living including, but not limited to: basic cooking, housekeeping, personal care, community inclusion, meal planning, money management and other daily living skills. Supports provided by coaches may be delivered at the individual’s home.
Various work schedule available for overnights, weekend, evenings and/or early morning hours.
Part-time and Part-time on-call positions in the Tampa and Plant City area.
Personal Supports Coach must be at least 21 years of age and has a high school diploma or equivalent. One year experience working with disabilities is required.
Applicants must show proof of a high school diploma or equivalent and/or minimum experience. Applicants must have a current valid Florida driver’s license and have a clean motor vehicle record for the past 7 years. Qualified candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug testing and Live scan level II FDLE and FBI background screening as well as the local enforcement screening.
ADT Skills Coach
The ADT Skills Coach provides training and instruction to adults with disabilities in the areas of community inclusion, job training, vocational skill acquisition, production work, daily living skills, life-enrichment activities and other skills needed to develop independence, work and self-advocacy skills.
This is a full time position with work hours between 7:00 AM and 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
Job location: 5420 W. Cypress Street, Tampa, FL 33607
ADT Coach must be at least 21 years of age and has a high school diploma or equivalent. Work experience working with disabilities or related field is preferred.
Applicants must have a current valid Florida driver’s license and have a clean motor vehicle record. Qualified candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug testing and level II background screening as well as the local enforcement screening.
MacDonald Training Center is seeking a dynamic and high energy Activities/Recreation Instructor to join our highly skilled and passionate team to develop creative and meaningful activities, events, and experiences to promote engagement, community inclusion, and well-being in our Adult Day Training Programs. Successful candidate will make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities in our community.
This position is full time and eligible for benefits. Pay is negotiable.
Qualification requirements: Prefer a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Recreational Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Education or related field and two years work experience in similar role. Experience working with adults with disabilities or functional impairments is a plus. Must pass required background screening, drug screening and a clean MVR.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Elevate and enhance adult day training programs and services by incorporating opportunities for meaningful activities, engagement, participation, functional communication, and sensory integration.
- Develop monthly calendar and daily events, activities, and experiences in collaboration with the Life Skills Coordinator and in consideration of the needs, abilities, and interests of the participants to promote meaningful interaction and engagement.
- Research new ideas, uses creativity, and incorporates a variety of modalities (such as arts & crafts, drama, music, dance, sports, games, and community integration) for programs, activities, and experiences to help maintain or improve participants’ physical, social, and emotional well-being.
- Facilitate group activities to model and train appropriate interaction and implementation of planned activities.
- Conduct trainings for Skills Instructors and Skills Coaches to implement planned activities.
- Ensure daily activities are implemented by each group.
- Plan and coordinate opportunities for volunteerism and meaningful community inclusion.
- Accompany groups on planned outings as requested or required to maintain appropriate levels of supervision.
- Operate MTC vehicle for outings as required.