* Documented developmental disability
* 22 years of age (if you are on the Florida Medicaid Waiver)
* 18 years of age (if you are not on a waiver and wish to private pay for services )
* U.S. legal resident
* Desire to receive the service
MTC Admission Policy and Procedure:
The first step is to schedule a meeting and tour of MacDonald Training Center (MTC) facilities. MTC is a person centered organization and requires that the person who will be receiving services attend the meeting and tour. After the meeting you will receive an application packet. You will be asked to provide additional documentation including but not limited to a current support plan, funding source, medical, psychological and/or behavioral assessments as applicable. An Admissions team will review your complete admissions packet within ten business days of receipt. The team may set up an additional meeting to gather more information. The Admission Team will notify you and your support coordinator of the decision. You can return your completed application and documentation by any of the following:
Fax to (813) 872-6010,
Mail to MacDonald Training Center,
5420 W. Cypress Street
Tampa, FL 33607
2902 Cork Road, Plant City, FL 33565
Return in person
to one of the above locations
People who have autism, cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, intellectual disabilities, Prader-Willi Syndrome or certain forms of Spina Bifida may apply for services from the Agency for Persons with Disabilities.
To apply for services from the Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD), submit an application to the APD office that serves your area, either by mail or by hand delivery. Contact your local APD office or use the link below for information on applying for and using Florida Medicaid Waiver services. MTC cannot enroll you.
Suncoast Region APD office
If you are not currently enrolled in the Florida Medicaid Waiver or have enrolled and are on the waiting list, please call Debi Hamilton, Director of Services at (813) 870-1300, Ext. 299 to discuss other options.
Employment Services is a cross-disability program serving adults with any documented disability. Referrals for Employment Services can be made through the State of Florida’s Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
Supported Employment typically serves adults with a developmental or cognitive disability. Referrals for Supported Employment can be made through the
as well as the
• MacDonald Training Center operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with MacDonald Training Center.
• For more information on MacDonald Training Center's civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact
813 870-1300, (VP (813) 402-0383)
or visit our administrative office at 5420 W. Cypress St., Tampa Florida 33607.
• If information is needed in another language, contact 813 870-1300
• Si se necesita la información en otro idioma, por favor, póngase en contacto con (813) 870-1300
Individuals may also have the option to private pay for
and/or Supported Employment.
Manager of Employment Outreach
813-870-1300 extension 482
for more information.
(813) 870-1300 | Fax (813) 872-6010
VP 813-402-0383 (Local)
VP 1-866-948-6184 (Toll Free)
Plant City Location
(813) 752-6508 | Fax (813) 752-8851
©2017 MacDonald Training Center | All Rights Reserved | Xclaim Agency